Friday, December 4, 2009

Coopertown, Population: Done.

Gary wished he hadn't wasted all that money on life insurance.  Grotesquely, this was the only thing he could think about as he ran across Central Ave in the dead of night carrying a shovel in both hands.  As he passed under the diffused spotlight of a street lamp he caught sight of the blood and brain matter on the blade of the spade.

I bet they had life insurance, thought Gary, fat lot of good it did them.

Just then he noticed he was running straight towards Coopertown Co-operators where their slogan was bannered across the window, "Insure now, for piece of mind!"  Man, had that guy made the most fitting and timely typo in what was proving to be the short history of human civilization.

1 comment:

  1. This was my first creative writing in weeks due to time constraints. The prompt was Things you wish you'd done differently. I like the humour here, if a bit compressed, and I wonder if I have what it takes to write the Great Canadian Coopertown Zombie movie.
    On another note I'm getting pretty good at starting stories but I still really, really suck at putting meat on the bones.

    ReplyDelete